Our donor promise
We simply wouldn’t exist without people like you. You are so important to us and we want to make sure you are completely happy and satisfied with Arthritis Care. As a charity, we need to ask for donations; it’s a necessity which allows us to deliver our important work. Meanwhile, we need to listen to you; our donors, ask for your support in the right way and recognise that everyone is different.
Arthritis Research UK merged with Arthritis Care on 1 November 2017. We have joined together so that we can do more to help people with arthritis to live full and active lives.
Now that we are one organisation, working together to do more for people with arthritis, all donations will go to Arthritis Research UK, Registered Charity Number 207711, SC041156
Our promise to you
- We will treat you with respect; ensuring that anyone who asks for or takes a donation on behalf of Arthritis Care shows the greatest understanding and respect for our supporters and the general public.
- We will spend the money you entrust to us wisely. We will prove this to you by telling youabout our services and demonstrating the positive impact our services are having on people with arthritis. Our annual report, website and newsletters will show you how we spend your money, including the percentage spent on our charitable objectives (82.7% in 2015).
- We will not waste money on unnecessary communications or fundraising activities. If we contact you or send you information it will be because we believe it will enable us to continue/expand our important work and be of interest to the majority of people who receive it.
- We will include regular opportunities for you to tell us if you want us to change the way we communicate with you and we will make this process as easy as possible.
- If you tell us that you do not want to receive information we will act on your wishes. We will follow guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) so that phone calls, texts or email will stop within 28 days and postal communications within two months.
- We will not sell, trade or swap your personal details with any other organisation.
- We will take any complaints you make seriously; following our complaints policy (available on request).
- If at any point, we realise that we have broken any aspect of this promise, we will let you know and take affirmative action to avoid any future breaches of this promise.
- This promise will evolve and develop as we listen to you, our donors.